As part of our commitment to achieving the principles of environmental sustainability in our workplace, we recognise our moral and legal responsibility to ensure that:
- our activities, products and services are designed to enhance the environment in the communities in which we operate and do not place the local community or environment at risk of harm
- our operations comply with all relevant legislation, regulations and other company specific requirements
Aims and ObjectivesWe are committed to continual environmental improvement and prevention of pollution. We will work with our customers, suppliers and the community to adopt procedures that:
- reduce waste through innovative work practices and recycling practices
- minimise environmental impacts by reduction of polluting substances produced
- minimise the impact of our operations on the neighbouring community
- increase the use of environmentally acceptable materials, equipment and technology in place of those which are considered harmful
- ensure that our suppliers follow acceptable environmental policies, and procedures
- actively educate, train and promote environmental awareness among staff, clients, customers and the general public.
- Establish and maintain a Management System modelled on the Australian and international Standards ISO 9001:2008 Standard AS NZS 4801:2001 – and ISO 14001:2004.
Framework and ResponsibilitiesWe recognise that the overall responsibility and environmental sustainability rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy. The framework and resulting responsibilities include:
- management review meetings to set and review measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at the elimination of waste, pollution and environmental harm;
- an audit schedule ensuring that all environmental policies and procedures are implemented;
- encouraging consultation and co-operation between management, employees and stakeholders in matters which may affect or impact on the environment; and
- ensuring that all Environmental policies and procedures are documented, reviewed, implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees;
- providing adequate resources to meet these environmental commitments. Employees also have responsibilities, which include:
- following all environmental policies and procedures; and
- recognising and reporting hazards which may affect the health and well-being of the environment.